2015/08/11

News - Rossi: "Marc has helped me today, but who knows maybe in the long run - 2015


Once again Valentino Rossi has settled on a poorly run home Grand Prix. On Friday, the Italian was in a world of Marquez and Lorenzo, and even away from Pedrosa. But today in the race has improved its performance to finish on the podium, a goal that yesterday seemed far from the possibility of Rossi
... but yesterday was not Sunday clear. "I'm very happy with the result, there has been a moment that Lorenzo was first and fourth in the end I only lost 4 points," summed Italian.

"We were able to improve the bike this morning in the warm-up, I knew I could have a good pace in the race. At first I had to overtake some drivers but when I arrived to Pedrosa points were more important to me than to him. It was a very tough race, both physically and with the tires in the final laps, already finished, "Rossi explained at a press conference.

"For many laps he could not reach Pedrosa, and there was a moment he thought it could not happen. But there were two or three places where I could attack him, and I did. Let's say I have taken revenge Sachsenring ", said Valentino.

Despite his extraordinary career Rossi has failed approach Marquez and Lorenzo. "It was a very difficult weekend and they were stronger than me. We must work better in practice, try harder this weekend sincerely hoped I suffer much less in practice and qualifying. If I had started from the second row it would have been easier, surely he could be with them, but surely they had beaten me. "

After three races he improved in practice and qualifying, they have become problems for Rossi. "The starting point was very far to find the precise set-point, but I'm happy because we have not only made a few changes, like in Mugello, but we've had the courage to change the bike completely."

In any case, Rossi has joined the tenth podium of the season, 10 in 10 races. "It is a good habit and very important for the championship, especially on a weekend like this. There was a time I could lose many points, more than expected, when Jorge was first and fourth. After all this effort, the podium was deserved "me.

No time to breathe, the drivers return to Europe to run and in Brno on Friday. "It will be a very difficult August. Brno on paper we must not go wrong, we should be closer to the Honda, but Lorenzo is strong there, and Pedrosa. Then comes Silverstone, where I have seen George do amazing things. We need to be lucky "

Compartir